Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Nightly Face Routine

Hello! I've been gone for a few months but I am BACK! I was actually really stuck in a ruth and just did not know what to blog about, until last night that is. As I was getting ready for bed, I found myself in the bathroom removing my makeup/washing my face and it was then that I knew what my next blog would be about, Nightly Face Routine! 

It is really important to ALWAYS wash your face before bed, especially if you wore makeup that day. I must admit that there have been a few nights where I was so tired that I couldn't get myself to wash my face at night and let me tell you, I REALLY regretted it the next morning. I have really oily skin which means that my face is a little more acne prone than someone with say, dry skin. However, regardless of your skin type, it is crucial to have a face wash routine because no one likes dirty pores :)

Before I begin let me just clarify that this is MY routine and I do have oily skin so what works for me may not work for everyone. I'm sorry if this doesn't help you like it does me but I'd be more than happy to help find products that work for you if you have a different skin type.


Now let's get started!





STEP 1: MAC Cleanse Off Oil

Don't be scared of the word "Oil" in the name, this product is the best makeup remover ever. This product starts of oily but when activated by water turns into a milky face wash. It is extremely gentle and will not irritate your eyes like most makeup removers. 

TO USE: Apply all over face and massage into skin. You will start to see and feel the makeup resolving. To rinse off simply splash water onto your face and watch as the oil turns into a milky consistency and comes right off your face like magic.





STEP 2: LUSH Angels on Bare Skin Face Scrub


This face scrub is gentle enough to use on an everyday basis and truly makes your face feel clean and moisturized at the same time.

TO USE: Break off a dime sized amount, run under water for a second and scrub away. I like to work this into my skin for about 30 seconds before rinsing off.






 STEP 3: KIEHL'S Ultra Facial Oil- Free Cleanser/ Clarisonic Mia

This oil- free cleanser ALWAYS leaves my skin squeaky clean on its own but when combined with the magic of the Clarisonic Mia, 

TO USE: Apply a pea sized amount onto your fingers and dot your face. Run the Clarisonic Mia under water and start brushing. The brush has a 60 second timer which is all you should need. Brush in circular motions all over your face. Make sure to remember your hair line. Once the Mia stops, rinse your face.




STEP 4: BOOTS Organic Rosewater Toner and Cotton Rounds

 Rosewater toner truly smells like roses which I love! Rosewater toners are intended for people with dry skin and while I DON'T have dry skin, the winter months can be a little harsh on my skin. This product helps to restore some of the moisture I lost while cleansing my face.

TO USE: Apply product on cotton rounds and sweep all over face and neck.





STEP 5: LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub

Bubblegum?? Yes, please! This Lip scrub not only smells like bubblegum but it also tastes like bubblegum and is completely edible. Yummy!

TO USE: Wet your finger and dip it in the pot. Applying with wet fingers will help the product from going everywhere. Once on your lips, you can simply scrub with your fingers or move your lips together. To clean off you can lick your lips, since it is edible, or if you don't want to, you can wipe excess off with a towel or water.




 STEP 6: KIEHL'S Midnight Recovery Eye Cream
Midnight Recovery is like heaven on your under eye area. While most of us in our 20's don't think we need anti aging creams just yet, thats simply not true. We are at an age where these kind of products are crucial to preventing wrinkles and fine lines.

TO USE: Take the tiniest amount and GENTLY dab in the under eye area. It might sting the first couple of times but it'll stop after a few uses, at least it did for me ;)





STEP 7: KIEHL'S Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion



Large pores be gone! No one likes big ugly pores, this product is going to helping minimize the appearance of those nasty things.

TO USE: Apply with fingers all over face. Make sure not to rub as we don't want to irritate the skin.





STEP 8: SMITH'S Lip Balm in Minted Rose

Last but not least... LIP BALM! Minted Rose is my favorite shade in the Rosebud collection. Smooth, soft lips are a must especially after scrubbing, we don't want to dry those suckers up.

TO USE: Apply with you finger all over lips. 

AND.....
We are DONE!


Let me know what you think. Have you tried any of these products? Have they worked? What do you use?

Hope you enjoyed this post as much as I loved writing and sharing it with everyone.

Night!

2 comments:

  1. I use the Body Shop Tea tree stuff but the MAC one sounds decent may have to try it next
    Following

    NRC ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great! If you do purchase it let me know how you like it :)

    ReplyDelete